Björn Jahnke was a member of the RTG in its first cohort. He received his PhD in economics in 2016 and was supervised by Andreas Wagener from the Institute of Economic Policy and Kay Blaufus from the Institute of Business Taxation at Leibniz University Hannover.
- Development Economics
- Transition Economics
- Public Finance
- Behavioral Economics
- How does petty corruption affect tax morale in sub-Saharan Africa? An empirical analysis.Download
- Does the reliability of institutions affect public good contributions? Evidence from a laboratory experiment (joint work with Martin Fochmann and Andreas Wagener). Download
- Tax morale and reciprocity. A case study for Vietnam. Download
- Functional literacy and tax morale in Vietnam and Thailand: Potentials and limitations of people in rural areas.
- Annual Conference of the Verein für Socialpolitik (VfS), Demographic Change, Augsburg - Germany (2016)
- UNU-WIDER Symposium, The Political Economy of Social Protection in Developing Countries, Mexico City - Mexico (2016)
- Annual Meeting of the Allied Social Science Associations (ASSA), San Francisco - U.S.A. (2016)
- Annual Conference of the Poverty Reduction, Equity and Growth Network (PEGNet), Berlin - Germany (2015)
- Annual Congress of the International Institute of Public Finance (IIPF), Dublin - Ireland (2015)
- International Conference on The Shadow Economy, Tax Evasion and Fiscal Intermediaries, Exeter - England (2015)
- International Conference on Globalization and Development, Göttingen - Germany (2015)
- Ph.D. Workshop, Development Economics Network (DENeB), Berlin - Germany (2015)
- Ph.D. Colloquium, German Economic Association, Research Group on Development Economics, Göttingen - Germany (2014)
- Annual Conference of the Italian Society of Public Economics, Pavia - Italy (2014)
- Annual Congress of the International Institute of Public Finance (IIPF), Lugano - Switzerland (2014)
- IIPF Doctoral School „Tax Systems", Warsaw - Poland (2015)
- 06/2015 - 06/2016 UNU-WIDER „Symposium on the Political Economy of Social Protection Systems"
- 02/2009 - 06/2009 Carl-Duisberg-Stiftung, Scholarship for intership at Heinrich Böll Foundation, Washington D.C. - U.S.A.
- 04/2006 - 12/2008 Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes e.V., Scholarship for study at University of Magdeburg - Germany